Wednesday, April 6, 2011

You DON'T have to be EXTREME to save money!


So yes there is a new show on TLC called EXTREME Couponing. If you watched it you may be thinking they do not want to go through all that to coupon or don't want stockpiles all over your house. Well I just want to make sure I set the record straight....

It's called EXTREME for a reason ;)

Just like Hoarding etc are extreme cases so are the ones on this show.

Some of the couponers on the show bought over 60 bottles of mustard... over 30 bottles of Malox etc. she paid for these items. Not much but something.

Now a regular couponer would not get that many. We know that items go on sale regularly. So when it's on sale we only need to buy enough to last until that next sale. It will be different for each family of course.
Here are a few questions you may have after watching the show..

How many of each coupon do you have? (Some on the show had over 60 of ONE coupon!)

- I usually have 4-5 of each coupon sometimes more if the coupon came out more than once. 
- I get 4 Sunday Newspapers delivered each week
- If there is a Red Plum insert that week I also get one of those in my mail in addition to the 4 in my Sunday paper
- I have two computers, usually you can print 2 of each coupon from each printer. If a coupon is on multiple sites sometimes you are able to print 2 of those from each computer as well

So you can see I would usually not have enough coupons to buy 60 of something.

Now there are exceptions.
If I can get paid to buy an item with a coupon
It is something I will go through many of before I think the next sale might be
If it is an item that doesn't go on sale often

Now in these cases I may buy the coupons off of ebay.

Do you have items stored all over your house?

NO! Well I do have a little amount stored in the places its used.
For example my 10 boxes of dish detergent are under the sink
but I DO NOT have boxes of toilet paper under my bed etc! ;)

Do you buy items if you dont need or whont use them?

ABSOLUTELY! Not all the time but...
- If the item is free
- If the item is cheap and a GREAT donation item!
- If they pay me to buy the item

But these items don't stick around - Oh no they are donated!

While some would not go through the time and effort for me it is a way I am able to give that I wouldn't be able to otherwise. Especially if I will already be at the store getting items I will need it only makes sense to me to pick the items that fall in the above up too!

Well those are my thoughts on the new show! Comment if you have any questions or let me know your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment